Taking notes during meetings is important. It helps with your own memory. It helps share information with other team members and ensure accountability post-meeting.
Yet taking notes can also take you away from the conversation. It can cause you to lose your train of thought or disrupt the flow of the ongoing conversation. So, we've built voice commands into Notiv!
What does that mean?
You can say a "trigger phrase" during your conversation to let Notiv know you want to create a note or action item. They tell Notiv to "write this down" for later and fit into the natural flow of the conversation.
To add a Note, say:
- "Add a note"
- "Take a note"
Example: "Great point Jessica, I'll take a note that Sterling's favorite color is purple"
To add an Action Item, say:
- Action item for [person name] to [task to do]
- NOTE: Notiv also finds and suggests action items using out cutting edge AI algorithms.
Example: "There is an action item for Jessica to send a copy of the recording and notes post meeting."
To log a decision, say:
- "The decision is"
- "have decided to" / "have decided that"
Example: "We have decided to push our next review session back two weeks until mid-february."
Finally there is also the magic word.
- "Hey Notiv, .....(anything you like)"
Calling out to Notiv by name will a file whatever you say next as a note in the conversation. This helps to teach Notiv new types of things to listen out for that are important.
"Talking your notes" is only one of the ways you can add notes using Notiv. You can also:
- Type your notes yourself. Sometimes you don't want to speak over someone while they are presenting so typing.
- Use AI Technologies. Rely on Notiv's automatic action item detection
- Tag parts of the transcription. You can highlight sections of the transcript as notes and actions. Both during and also after the meeting.